Children in Church
St. Mary’s welcomes children and families
We want to be a spiritually nourishing place for all. Our mission
“to be a Christian community of all ages, grounded in worship, well-being and service,”
is something we strive to live into. At different times in the year, we worship in the historic church, St. George's Chapel (which is air-condiioned) and outdoors, in our beautiful worship shed and grounds. We hope that all families and children will feel welcome in our church community and at our worship services.
What you can expect when you come to a service:
- A warm welcome
- Special parking spaces, both in the front and back parking lots, for families with young children;
- Children's Bulletins - with crayons and clip boards - available as you walk in.
- Opportunities for children to come to the altar for the Eucharist.
Always check our Event Calendar for special events and programs designed for children.
To parents with young children in church, may we suggest
- Find a good spot - where your children are comfortable and can see what’s going on.
- Teach and explain. If your child is old enough, help him/her follow along in the bulletin.
- Take breaks if necessary.
- Talk with others - Ask other parents for advice and help.
To other adults present, may we suggest
- Remember how you learned about your faith.